We didn't see this coming -- LEGO managed to keep word of this set under wraps until the official announcement, which makes a change!
The set features mini models of the first five modular buildings and looks very cute indeed. Apparently it's going to be sold to VIP members only so is presumably being used to encourage people go join. Here's the press release:
10230 Mini Modulars, 1,356 pieces, US $79.99, CA $99.99, DE €69.99, UK £59.99, DK DKK 649.00, AU $119.99. Available from January 2012.
Available only to our LEGO® VIP Program Members, this exclusive mini modulars set is an authentic miniature representation of the first 5 buildings in the Modular Building series: Café Corner, Market Street, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium. Featuring highly detailed design, each building can be displayed as a stand alone piece or connected to the others buildings in the set. The mini Café Corner includes details like a fan above the doorway and printed hotel signage, while the mini Market Street includes transparent bricks and a unique brick construction. The quaint mini Green Grocer also features transparent bricks and a fire escape at the rear, while the mini Fire Brigade includes a brick bell and white arch wall elements. Finally, the mini Grand Emporium has a rooftop sign, skylight and window washing platform. With fantastic detailing and a huge variety of elements in a range of rich colors, this exclusive mini modulars set is the perfect addition to every VIP Member's collection.
- Exclusively available to LEGO® VIP Members!
- Authentic miniature representation of first 5 Modular Buildings: Café Corner, Market Street, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium!
- Each building can be displayed individually or connected to the other buildings in the set!
- All buildings feature fantastic detailing and a wide variety of elements and colors!
- Completed model measures over 5" (14.5 cm) tall, 12" (32 cm) long and 2.5" (6.5 cm) wide!
- Each individual building measures 2.5" (6.5 cm) long and 2.5" (6.5 cm) wide!
The video interview with set designer Jamie Berard will be available on YouTube shortly.
Commenting has ended on this article.