Today, at the Great Western LEGO show at the STEAM museum in Swindon, Jan and Tormod from LEGO revealed a new Castle set for 2009!
It looks excellent -- lots of interesting features, great colours, cows, fish, the return of the Scala roast turkey body and so on!
LEGO's description reads as follows:
This classic medieval village with marketplace is a perfect match for any LEGO Castle. Full of authentic features, fun accessories and all-new animals to expand and enhance your kingdom; it includes two complete buildings with detailed interiors like a blacksmith's shop with waterwheel-driven hammer, a food stand, tree, table, cart, cows, horse, chicken, rooster, duck, peasants, knights, rare elements and colors, and more!
- Includes 8 minifigures: blacksmith, 2 soldiers, 2 male peasants, 2 female peasants and a boy minifigure!
- Play inside! The 2 two-story buildings feature a hinge system that allows you to open and close them as you wish!
- The yellow building contains the stables, blacksmiths shop and his home upstairs! Help the blacksmith forge the swords with the working water powered trip hammer! Don't forget to close the stable gates and feed the horse some carrots!
- Blacksmith's home features pictures on the walls, opening windows, table and fireplace!
- The classically European styled blue building features a cozy tavern on the first floor and welcoming bedroom on the top floor!
- Lots of authentic touches: fireplaces in the bedrooms, pictures on the walls, dressing tables, working doors and windows and other interior details!
- The soldiers and peasants alike shop and eat in the marketplace filled with baskets of fish, apples and flowers. Sit at the table for a meal of ale, cheese and whole turkey but stay out of the way of the soldiers carrying the king's treasure!
- Buildings measure over 7.5" tall and over 9" long when open wide!
It's perhaps a little pricey at £85 in the UK, but judging from the reaction on Saturday, it's sure to be a hit.
There are more pictures at Brothers Brick.
Commenting has ended on this article.