You will have no doubt noticed by now the new Cuusoo Corner box in the side bar, which has been named after the long-running discussion in the forum.
This is a new feature of the site that I will be using to showcase outstanding projects at Cuusoo to encourage you to support them.
The box shows one entry at random, which changes every hour, from a selection of hand-picked Cuusoo projects. I intend to promote around ten or so projects at a time, and will be happy to take suggestions for those to include. I will not be promoting projects based on intellectual properties that do not align with LEGO's values, or those that do not stand a hope in hell of ever being made.
This afternoon the Cuusoo team made a statement about brand standards that outlines what makes a suitable LEGO product. It states that they will not make products that feature:
- Politics and political symbols
- Religious references including symbols, buildings, or people
- Sex, drugs, or smoking
- Alcohol in any present day situation
- Death, killing, blood, terrorism, or torture
- First-person shooter video games
- Warfare or war vehicles in any situation post-WWII to present
- Racism, bullying, or cruelty to real life animals
which are all pretty obvious, but I think there is one missing:
- Intellectual properties that it is not currently possible to license, that the owner would not grant a license for, or that do not meet the terms of a current license agreement
So, the Star Wars Stormtrooper bucket should be out (in fact LEGO has said they cannot make it in their comments) and My Little Pony probably would be as well. Think about it: why would Hasbro let another company make toys that would directly compete with its own? I suspect projects based on Dr. Who would fail to meet this requirement also.
Anyway, I hope you like Cuusoo Corner: let's see if we AFOLs can get models that we want, as opposed to what wannabe AFOLs want, to review stage now.
Commenting has ended on this article.