Maersk train finally announced
A month ago Brickset broke the news of this exclusive set, thanks partly to someone in LEGO who released an image of it onto their Internet server in error. We were asked to remove it from here, which we duly did.
Now, today, at last, the set has been officially annouced:
10219 Maersk Train, Ages 14+. 1,234 pieces, US $119.99, CA $159.99, DE 119.99, € UK £91.99
The highly-realistic Maersk diesel-electric freight train has arrived! A replica of the real engine that operated on the railroads of America, this Maersk train features exceptional detailing and functions, such as opening driver's cab, removable side panel revealing a detailed, 16-cylinder engine, and authentic Maersk branding. The model also includes 2 wagons and 3 containers with opening doors (1 with refrigeration detailing). The set also includes a shunter truck and detachable trailer for loading and offloading the containers. Add LEGO® Power Functions accessories to motorize!
- Includes 3 workman minifigures!
- Train measures 36" (92cm) long!
- Building instructions include a historical description of the LEGO Group/A.P. Moller Maersk Group cooperation and a timeline of the products launched!
- Containers can be loaded side-by-side or stacked!
- Motorize your Maersk train by adding LEGO Power Functions 8878 Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box, #8887 Transformer 10V DC, #8884 Power Functions IR Receiver, 8879 Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control and 88002 Power Functions Train Motor!
I've added the official images to the set page and I'd be interested to know what you think of them: they are a little different from normal official images and I'm not sure if I like them...