LEGO Collector 2nd edition: I now have it
The long-awaited second edition of this excellent book has just been published and I now have a copy. I'm not going to write a long review; instead I've ressurected my review of the first edition, as written in 2008, and will thus concentrate on the differences between the two editions.
- At 928 pages, it's about 130 pages longer.
- Edition 1 covered sets released in 1958 up to the first half of 2008. This new version starts at 1949 and goes right up to the end of 2011, including sets not yet released.
- Errors noted in my 1st edition review have been corrected.
- It comes with an exclusive keychain: a black 4x4 tile with 1 row of studs, printed with the classic space logo.
- It has a blue brick on the front rather than a red one :-)
Suffice to say that this is a must-have for every LEGO collector, whether you have the first edition or not. It's a fantastic thing to browse through. Kudos to the team behind it for continuing to work on the project and keep it up-to-date.
At the moment it's only available from the German publishers via their website (click on the image to go there), but in time it will appear on Amazon worldwide like the first edition did, and maybe even turn up in LEGO brand stores.