Announcing a new LEGO marketplace: Brick Owl
Brick Owl is a new marketplace to buy and sell LEGO parts, minifigures and sets. It's been designed to be used by anybody but still have all of the advanced features that AFOLs need. Some of the features of the website include:
- Instant checkout including payment via PayPal and shipping rates visible upfront while items are being added to the cart.
- Wishlist buying tool - Brick Owl will tell you which stores have your Wishlist items, how much they cost including shipping, and then let you choose which stores to buy from and add all the items to your cart at once.
- Wishlist importing from Lego Digital designer, LDraw, BrickStore.
- Advanced search function including filters and tags so for example you can find all of the smiling female faces.
- Catalog Points - approved catalog changes are awarded catalog points which can be exchanged for prizes such as key chains or a White Boba Fett minifigure.
- BrickLink synchronisation, so store inventories can be kept in sync on both websites.
- Customisable storefronts with custom pages, colour schemes, and details about the store such as whether you sort mould variations.
- Security has been baked in from the start. The site is based on Drupal which is used by thousands of websites including the White House.
We're having some promotions to encourage people to come and take a look:
- The first 100 people to sign up and start filling their Wishlist will win a free Series 10 Minifigure.
- For sellers, every lot listed in a store will count as one entry into a prize draw to win a 10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter.
- Any store created in the first month (before the end of July) will receive free fees until the end of the year.
Brick Owl is still being developed so expect more features to come soon!