• Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

This review has been lost

Written by (AFOL , gold-rated reviewer) in Canada,

Set #10937 Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout: So yeah, three hours typing up a review for this. Sorry folks, the site acted screwy, ate my review so I'm posting this abridged version.

Overall opinion

I highly recommend this set, it's a great build with enjoyable mini-figures who are mostly unique to this set and the build and design is just breathtaking. You can't go wrong with it.

I also suggest that perhaps the site should consider re-incorporating a review save feature that would allow us to save reviews for sets like this, which require lengthy stretches of time to type so that if some glitch happens and something goes wrong we can retrieve our hard work without having to re-type everything which we'll never be able to do again anyway because remembering exactly how you phrased everything is often difficult or impossible.

I will attempt to edit this temporary version with a much more detailed version to replace it in the very near future when I don't have mountains upon mountains of homework that I really need to get started on before next weekend's due date.

An Excellent Redesign!

Written by (KFOL) in United States,

When I saw this on the lego shop site a couple of years ago, I could barely resist it. It was just amazing and I knew it was important to pick it up. I eventually got it for Christmas with the Batcave, which made twice as awesome.

Box/Instructions

The box is huge (maybe even bigger then the one for the new tumbler) and it includes 3 instruction booklets.

The parts were chosen really well for this and mostly includes many small pieces for the decorational architecture.

Minifigures

The minifigures are great! I love the redesign for Penguin, Scarecrow, and Robin. Dr. Harleen Quinzel has a pretty nice design with her double-sided head, one side of which features her makeup and eye mask. Poison Ivy isn't any different from the 2012 version and the guard is the same as the bank guard. Batman has the same black suit but with black gliding wings.

The build

It's a fun build. First you build the van, then you build the gate, and finally the asylum. The Asylum is split into three detachable sections so you can rearrange it into a different asylum. First you build the entrance where the front desk and medical treatment room are, then you build the side with all the prison cells, and then finally you build the smallest section where Harleen Quinzel's office and make-up mirror are. I think it took me about 2 to 6 hours to complete. I remember starting late at night and building back and forth while playing scrabble, and then working on it the next morning and maybe late afternoon.

The completed model

The completed model looks fantastic.

Issues

1. Why are there name plates for Freeze and Ivy for the bottom cells when the have their own special ones

2. Only one guard and he is the exact same as the bank guard.

3. No searchlight on roof.

4.And my biggest issue, NO FIREFLY INCLUDED!!

My overall opinion

Its a really nice set and a must-have for any Bat-fan! (even if Firefly isn't included) And I rank this #1 on the Best DC Comics Sets list.

A must have Batman set!

Written by (TFOL) in Belgium,

First of all, this is my first review.

I'm not so much into the DC universe (apart for Batman and his foes) since I think Marvel has way cooler Super Heroes but I was really excited about this set when I saw it because of all the villains and the look of it.

Minifigs 4/5

I'm just going to talk about 4 things here:

1) The Harleen Quinzel fig is really well done. You get a dual-sided face (Doctor/Harley Quinn face) and on her torso, beneath her white coat, you can see a hint of her Harley Quinn red & black costume.

2) Robin has a hoodie and (I didn't notice on pictures before) a short cape.

3) [Frustration] Instead of a random guard, why not include a new minifig like Aaron Cash (the guard who got one hand bitten off by Killer Croc), this would have been very cool.

4) [Frustration] Why put a special cold room for Freezer if you don't include him in the box, this means that if you want to have the right character in that specific room, you need to also get the set 76000.

Building experience 5/5

I built the set yesterday, it took me about 3h45'. It came in 9 bags, building first the van, then the portal, then the asylum itself which is divided in three parts: the entrance, the cells and the Harley Quinn's make-up room (Those three parts can be attached in two different way making the frontage be only one-sided or in a L-form). It didn't feel repetitive except for the window and details (which were little parts, quite painful for my fingers). There's wasn't too much stickers for the size of it (note: the "Arkham Asylum" sign is actually two stickers).

Overall 5/5

This set is a must have because it's simply the largest set ever released under the Super Heroes category, because it has 5 villains included and because of the awesome look of it (as said in the official video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_VgtqS6cCY, it's the first time we see a gothic-styled building in a Lego product). This Arkham Asylum is very well designed, I recommend buying it for any Lego Super Heroes fan or if you like dark buildings like the [10228 Haunted House].

• Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

One of the best sets I've built!

Written by (AFOL) in United States,

I picked this set up just after Christmas and could not be more impressed. The details on the Arkham Asylum just don't end. The building itself looks every bit as gothic and creepy as you would want it to, from the tips of the roof spires to the gargoyles overlooking the the corners. The gate and ambulance look great next to the building as well.

The figure assortment is excellent, with the orange jumpsuit Joker and Harley Quinn in disguise fitting in nicely. I also liked the decision to include extra features to integrate villains from other sets into the Asylum. There's a holding chamber and prison plaque for Mr. Freeze as well as a Two-Face plaque.

The stickers won't ever be anyone's favorite feature but there aren't too many and they do add nicely to the set. The instructions were very clear and, as always, the bags of parts were sorted very well with plenty of extra small bits. At $160 this isn't a cheap set, but it does come in at about #27 on the all-time largest Lego set list, and for what you get I don't feel it's terribly overpriced.

Overall, this is fun set to build and you won't regret having it look spectacular on your shelf!

Great Addition To Any Lego Batman Collection

Written by (AFOL) in United Kingdom,

I had decided to start collecting the Lord Of The Rings sets when I saw this pop up on the Lego website. Needless to say it made me question my priorities and I knew I had to have it.

When it arrived, I was surprised at how big the box was. I opened it up to find 11 bags of pieces inside, three manuals and a small sticker sheet. The small sticker sheet is the first of my pros. It's nice for such a large set to have such a small number of stickers and they're only used for computer screens and the such-like.

The manuals are very easy to follow but with this set I found the first printing error I'd encountered in a Lego manual. On page 58 of book 3, two steps are the wrong way round. It's such a minor gripe but it confused me for a second as I thought I'd missed something.

The attention to detail is fantastic even down to Harley Quinns dressing table. The build itself was quite fun and not too repetitve. It took me around 3-4 hours.

Onto the minifigures. These are what tipped me in favour of buying it to begin with. The best way to describe the selection of characters on offer would be to say they are gap fillers. If you have one or two characters missing, they might be in this set. You get Batman, Robin, Dr. Harleen Quinzel, Joker, Penguin, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and Arkham Guard. They're all great and the detail is pinpoint. I also like that Dr. Quinzel comes with a second face and the Harley hat to become Harley Quinn. There's even a hint of the Harley costume under her doctor's garb. The new look Robin is quite cool and the Joker looks pretty cool in his nice orange jumpsuit. If there was one character I'd say could've been in this set and isn't, I'd say Commissioner Gordon.

Overall I'd say this set could probably have been a little cheaper. Perhaps shave £20 off the price but I'm not complaining too much for what you get in the box. It's not just the Asylum (which looks great by the way), but also a patient transport van and the main gates to Arkham. Both of which add playabilty to an already fun set.

So as far as this collector is concerned, a good job. If they could do more sets like this, I'd happily part with my well-earned cash.