• Batman Jetski

A Batman minifigure! (and a little boat)

Written by (AFOL) in United States,

Set 30160 "Batman Jetski" is a small polybag set.

The main appeal of the set is the black Batman minifigure. He's similar to the Batman fig in 6864 Batmobile and the 6863 Two-Face Chase and Batwing Battle over Gotham City, except this version has a slightly different mask. According to Bricklink, it has more angular ears and a pronounced brow. The other minifigure parts are the same. If you are not able to spend the money on the bigger sets, here is a cheaper way to get a black Batman figure.

The jetski is basically filler, but it's a nice jetski with small wings, a computer control screen, and, you guessed it, two flick-fire missiles. It's difficult to fire the missiles (if you were inclined to do so). But don't shoot them at someone's face.

This set can be hard to find for sale, which is a shame because it is a great impulse set. I bought mine from Bricklink. If you just want the minifigure, be sure to compare the price for the minifigure with the price for the whole set.

1 out of 1 person thought this review was helpful.

• Batman Jetski

An affordable extra Batman. Comes with free jetski!

Written by (AFOL) in Canada,

I came out of my dark ages a couple of years after the original run of Batman were off the shelves. In an attempt to save money, I've been building those old sets with ordered parts. However, those original minifigures can be prohibitively expensive.

If you're like me, and aren't an absolute completist, a little set like this is fantastic. I can get a bunch of low cost Batman figures to pilot the various Batmobiles, Batwings, Batcycles and Batboats I've built. And, in true Bat(whatever) style, I can have a Bat-Jetski!

The jetski itself is a decent little model itself. It looks nice, has a little printed computer control, and (for those that like them), flick-fire missiles. It's a perfect edition to any discerning Batcave.

Pros

• Source of cheap extra Batmen (Batmans?)!
    • Nice jetski, that fits into Batman's fleet of crime fighting vehicles.
    • Did I mention cheap Batman minfigures?

Cons

• I think you'd almost have to be trying to find a con, really.

Need an extra Batman for that 7783 Batcave you've built from scratch, but don't want to pay $20 for it? Do you not honestly care if it's the 'right one'? Why not spend $5 on the Batman Jetski, today, and we'll throw in a free little boat? Don't wait! Act now!

• Batman Jetski

Quick Robin to the Batski!

Written by (AFOL , gold-rated reviewer) in Canada,

Set # 30160 Batman Jetski: Batman has enjoyed a very large number of curious, odd-ball vehicles in his illustrious crime fighting career, take for example the underground vehicle he uses in Batman Returns to chase down the Penguin, now there's an old-school Batman vehicle I'd like to see re-visited in LEGO form if it hasn't done so already. So why not a more mundane and ordinary looking Batski for those moments where you just need to chase down a watery criminal getting away?

I was fortunate enough to find this little polybag set in my local TRU around the beginning of the year, as far as Polybagged Super Hero sets go it could be worse, it could be an SDCC Green Lantern or equally impossible to find exclusive. This set provides you with enough black, yellow and a few dark stone gray pieces to build Batman a little Jetski vehicle.

Nothing we haven't seen before honestly, in The Batboat: The Hunt for Killer Croc, the Batboat itself had a small jetski vehicle attached to it, however this version is admittedly much more aerodynamically sound. And closed in better. It's a quick and easy build for the model, featuring a printed sloped brick piece with knobs, switches, buttons and gizmos that Batman uses tracking down criminals, and of course operating the Jetski. There are also two flick-fire missiles which... Work ok, it takes a few flicks to get them to actually launch as they are kind of tightly placed in the launchers. Not smooth like some of the other flick-fire missiles I've encountered.

The model however isn't the reason you're tracking this down if you're a Mini-Fig enthusiast. That's right, you want Batman in his black Batsuit. And this set doesn't dissapoint, it's a cheap alternative to some of the larger Super Heroes sets if all you want is the black suited Batman. Who has remarkably detailed printing on both front and back of the torso, nothing on the legs though, honestly though I don't think Batman needs leg printing.

Batman also has a double-sided print on the head, which is interesting, as my previous Batman Mini-Figs did not include this. He has the typical serious Dark Knight look/expression on the one side and then the goofy, half-smiling Adam West look/expression on the opposite. It's nice to have a bit of variety with Batman's facial expressions, I have to admit though since the Batman I'm more familiar with rarely smiles, at least in this costume, it's odd seeing the Adam West expression on the black suit torso.

Overall I'd say this is a nice looking set, worth picking up for children who want more Batmen to play with and Mini-Fig collectors who prefer not to spend so much for sets just to get a certain Mini-Fig. I will admit though I am a tad dissapointed that LEGO did not include a single Batarang for him to wield. It would have been nice to see him with his trademark accessory in this little set, it's also a little disapointing that the Batski doesn't have the Bat Symbol on it. I reccomend this one though for Super Hero enthusiasts.

Legos Super Heroes Set 30160 Batman Jet Ski Build & Review

Written by (Educator , bronze-rated reviewer) in United Kingdom,

Hi everyone...

I have purchased and reviewed this product in full, if you would like to see this product in more detail including a product build then please feel free to watch the video that I created to review this product in more detail.

Click on Youtube Link Below to Watch the Build & Review of this product.

I hope that you find the video that I have provided to be of help when purchasing this product.

Thanks Popup

This review has been rated unhelpful.