• Mini Mech

Small and simple but great

Written by (AFOL , bronze-rated reviewer) in United States,

A really cool little set.  Reminds me of the little classic space sets I used to have when I was a kid.  Makes for a great fidget toy on my desk.  The Battle Mech from CMF series 9 looks perfect riding it.

Great Mini Space Machine

Written by (TFOL , gold-rated reviewer) in United States,

I found this set at Target and for under $5, I had to get it. It is a fun little set that is worth the money. It comes with some nice parts as well as an awesome minifigure with a great design which includes padded legs, a double-sided armored torso, a double-sided head (one with a determined face and the other with a breathing device), and an orange space helmet with a clear visor. The mech itself has a rotating cockpit with two blasters attached and four legs that can move up and down. On the bottom of the mech there is a clear 4 x 4 round brick that is supposed to supply support for the vehicle which is unnecessary, but is a cool piece to have.

Pros:

Cool minifigure

Rotating sit with two blasters

Four moving legs

Comes with some nice parts

Cons:

For full playability, this mech needs to an enemy to fight

Overall, I give it a 8/10. It is a great set and a great addition to the Galaxy Squad theme. I recommend it to the Galaxy Squad as well as the space fan or any one looking for some cool space/mecha parts from a cheap set.

Galaxy Squad: 30230: Mini Mech REVIEW

Written by (TFOL , gold-rated reviewer) in United States,

I got this set for free from LegoShop.com offers for a $50 purchase. Although very small and lacking of any real detail, this is a nice little set. It looks like a useful little mech to eradicate any small alien soldiers (maybe raid any hatchlings or larvae), as well as to be a little scouting module to survey land details. It has a wonderful minifig, and it is rather functional for a little polybag set.

Pros

• The fact that the mech is capable of being turned around is a nice little feature that makes this mech functional.
    • This set also has a very nice look to it; the mech is simple, spider-like, the color scheme is very nice, and it looks (shall I say it?) "cute". This set is pretty packed for its size, however.
    • This set also has a very nice minifigure in Jack Fireblade; he looks great, with his orange sleeves and silver armor, and his leg detail is superb.

Cons

• The clear piece on the bottom serves absolutely no purpose; it's just their, and it brings down the look of the set considerable.
    • The mech is rather small for a $4 polybag; a bit more to it would have been nice. I know I got it for free, but I'd still like a bit more to my set.
    • One of my main complaints of Galaxy Squad is that the soldiers are all the same for every color; therefore, I have the same person in my new Mini Mech as I do in all my other Orange Team sets.

This is a nice little free gift. It's small, compact, but still feels very full and complete. It's free with $50 purchases on LegoShop.com, so get it if you have the chance to. It looks very nice against the CLS-89 Eradicator Mech. I hope I have enough to spare to get next month's offer of the mini VW Camper, though; that looks like a real treat...

The icing on the cake for Galaxy Squad

Written by (KFOL) in United States,

Cool little set for Galaxy Squad that I HAD to have!

Pros

• Spins around
    • Legs on mech move

Cons

• Clear 2x2 on bottom of mech isn't really needed

Cool little set that would be great to do a stop motion with if it was climbing up some rocks.

A great polybag!

Written by (TFOL) in United States,

today i was in my local walmart when i noticed a box full of lego polybags! It seems every year walmart gets one box of random polybags around easter. So with out hesitation, i grabed one, the mini mech!

Pros

• the price: this set is only $ 3.49. roughly the price of just one of the minifigure packs.
    • the minifigure. The chest plate on it is awsome!
    • the design of the mech is great! the trooper sits perfectly in the mech seat, not to mention the presents of to lasers on the mech!

Cons

• no gun. granted, the mech does have to lasers mounted on it, but what about for the minifigure himself? not a big deal, but still note worthy.
    • there is a clear block under the mech that is suppose to help it stand up. although i dont think it needs any support on its legs they work fine!
    • Nothing {i cant think of any more cons}

in conclution i would recomend this set to anyone who likes the space or star wars themes. Also, as you can tell, this is simply a impulse set or an army builder. it is possible to buy them in bulk, which i recomend.

I hope you enjoyed my first real review of a set on brickset!