• Knight's Joust

Beautiful! (and a minifig mystery)

Written by (AFOL) in United Kingdom,

I absolutely love this set and remember getting it way back when. A couple of years back when I unearthed all my Lego I was thrilled to find I still had all the pieces (flags slightly bent, tree a bit crooked, minifigs faded) and now it's the jewel in my collection.

One curiosity though, one of the men-at-arms (cas230) has blue arms. And I dimly recall he may have had blue legs too (I have enough bi-colour legs from later castle sets for either to be the case but I have a lot of blues and not many blacks). Now I certainly didn't swap his arms out (I didn't know how and still don't) so he must have come like that. Anyone else ever see that?

• Knight's Joust

The Knights' Joust, so far one of my finest sets.

Written by (AFOL , gold-rated reviewer) in Netherlands,

With some luck I managed to get this set and I consider myself lucky to be one of the 211 Brickset members who own it. It is a simple set but great, it shows the chivalry we admired being kids. It is simple but powerfull thanks to the colours Lego used and its composition and completeness. Allthough I own a lot of sets and some big ones this is by far my favorite !!

Building is not very difficult, a lot of big bars for the walls and plates and small bricks for the seats. The "hardest" part to built is the roof with the canopy but it is fun to do it.

Parts are not spectacular but chosen very well, esspecially the colours of the roof and canopy. The fact it gets 5 bricks is because of the completeness. The tree and the flaggs are superb, same goes for the 6 minifigures. Nothing special but all in place, a Prince without extravagant crown, a lovely Princess, 2 guards with axes and 2 two jousting Knights with only simple spears and shields. An extra remark here concerning the great visors of the Knights, very fragile but great.

Playabilty not more than 3 bricks, in my opinion this set is one to admire not to play with.

Value is difficult, Bricklink gives an average of €92,50 which a good set is defenitly worth. If you need it to complete the theme or just want it as collectors item you maybe are willing to pay more if it is in good shape. When writing none is offered on E-bay and 11 on Bricklink with prices varying from €72,00 going up to €210,00 which shows how hard is to find. I got it for a real steal and in a great condition including instructions as new so in general and for me personal 5 bricks here too.

• georgeous!

Written by (Unspecified , bronze-rated reviewer) in Germany,

While i write this, this set stands in front of me. It was the perfect addition to the yellow castle. Its so bright and colourful, i loved the thrones design so much that i rebuild thrones like that and integrated it into the yellow castle. The minifigs are great, the patterns on breast and shield are wonderful. I also love those cypress trees. The red haired queen and the king were an important addition to the castle theme also - anybody must have been protected by all the other knights. I think, this is the most rarest castle set to get - but its worth every cent you spend on it. the jousting horses are great, just made from bricks but still impressive - thats what lego is about! i would give 10/5 if possible.

• The first joust

Written by (Unspecified , gold-rated reviewer) in Brazil,

The first of many castle jousts. In this, the horse is made with lego original pieces. This is colorful, and the itens like flags and trees are great. The knights have helmets, that looks like with real knights. The weapons are too included. The minifigures are in the classic style, in the yellow color. Another thing too included in classic sets are the green plates. The colors of the itens in the horses are good, i rate this classic and first joust 5/5.

1 out of 1 person thought this review was helpful.

• The BEST Minifig set EVER!

Written by (Unspecified , gold-rated reviewer) in {Unknown},

If this isn't the best set to buy just for the figures, I don't know what is. (I tried to buy a 2nd set just for the figures many times but got outbid each time). The figures in this set are extremely good, including 2 knights with very special lifting visors.

The gold-trimmed prince/king in the set is super rare especially as the gold trimmed suit is almost always faded away after 20+yrs.

It's truly amazing the pieces you get in this set and how they're used, and what few people realise is this set has studded 1x1 cylinders with no hole on the top! A truly unique enigma!