• Harry Potter Hogwarts

Even though I am fourteen I still enjoy it.

Written by (TFOL) in Australia,

My Untie got me this game at Christmas in 2010 and i loved it, and still do. I only play it occasionally, but every time I get it out it is worth it.

Before I got it I kept on nagging and nagging for it. Every time I past it in the shops I would say "I must have that" or "I NEED that." The nagging paided off. But I would say if you want it DON'T because you kind of feel bad about it after you get it (I am only saying this because they are your family and if you ask nicely enough they might get it for you.) Or you could just save up the money and feel much better about it.

GREAT GAME TO PLAY. I would recommend it to any Harry Potter Fan who wants a good game to play. 9/10 from me!

Harry Potter Hogwarts Game

Written by (TFOL) in United States,

This was my first Lego game and I've played it multiple times, while really enjoying with friends and family. It comes with nine microfigs, Gryffindor figure, Hufflepuff figure, Ravenclaw figure, Slytherin figure, and Dumbledore. It also comes with Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Draco Malfoy, all who are there for you to create your own game with them. The point of the game though, is to be the first to collect all the items (Potion, Animal, Homework item, and a Divination Orb) and get back to your common room. Pretty simple, but it's kinda hard when other players are trying to keep you from winning using pretty much anything they can use. The game has really dominated night after night in my house, and I have to thank lego for it.

Best LEGO Board Game Ever

Written by (TFOL , silver-rated reviewer) in United States,

This was one of my Christmas presents, and my fourth LEGO board game. It's one of my favorites. Everyone will like it, from die hard Harry Potter fans (like me) to people who could care less about Harry Potter (my sister). I've played it about...uh, I can't remember, I've played it so much!

Box/Instructions

The box is quite nice- it shows an angry Malfoy and a happy Harry, who is casting a spell, and this spell is holding the die in midair. Either Harry Wingardium Leviosa'd it when Malfoy was rolling it, or Malfoy is mad that he didn't think of it. Oh well- the "outer box" (the part that doesn't show the picture) shows about half of the figures you get and the game times as usual. LEGO did a good job on the box art. Well done, LEGO!

There are a LOT of nifty and neat pieces in here- for instance it includes some flags, transparent LEGO heads, toads and spiders, and many more. To me the microfigures and the die stand out the most- you can only get dice in LEGO Game sets and Microfigures are just plain awesome- they remind me of those old LEGOLAND set minifigures. If you are trying to make an addition to Hogwarts Castle but don't have the pieces, then this set might be your answer- it has many pieces to build another Tower for Hogwarts.

Microfigures

The microfigures are awesome. These microfigures show every day students and some of the main characters of HP- the trio, Malfoy, and Dumbledore. My final word is that they are fantastic.

The build

The build is somewhat...well, boring. There's a lot to build, but most of it is building the something like four times. Not a big deal, but it is kind of boring.

Summary

Overall this set is great, fun, and I hope you hope you get it! :-)

• Harry Potter Hogwarts

Shift and Rotate your way to victory!

Written by (AFOL , bronze-rated reviewer) in United Kingdom,

We played this over and over again. The parts are especially good for anyone who collects the Harry Potter theme sets. Not only are there the colouered minifigures but there are the bonus minifigures of Harry, Dumbledore and co.

The game is both engaging and creative.

The building is much more challenging (other than that of Ramses Pyramid) than other LEGO games, which you won't want to take apart once you've made it!

The whole rotating and shifting staircases movements works really well and makes for a competitive game.

Click on the link below for a great overview of the game.

• Harry Potter Hogwarts

Great game mechanics, great design, great colors and parts - an experience worth while

Written by (Unspecified) in Germany,

Just got the game today (1 month early at S@H), unpacked it, built it, played it.

While I cannot review the game's appeal in the long run (i.e. is it still fun to play even after weeks and weeks?) and the 'extended' rules (using the 'named' Harry Potter (TM) characters), I can say that (pros ;-)

• it was fun to build
    • it contained very nice parts (color combination and also one piece I had not seen before)
    • that the basic rules are very easy to understand and apply (even for small kids)
    • that it fits in the Harry Potter(TM) series, it transports the Potter-feeling very well
    • that the 'named' micro-figures are gorgeous, the others (for the four houses) are also very nice
    • that it contains a Hogwarts-emblem, which is also very nice
    • the game is very, very good (moving stairs, constantly changing playing board)
    The only 'cons' I can think of are
    • The basic rules do not use the 'named' characters (pity).
    • Even the extended rules only include Dumbledore.
    • You have to make up your own rules to include the 'named' characters (HP, HG, DM, RW)
    • The price point is quite high (licensed, any questions?)
    Would I buy it again? -- definitely!