Hulk Got Lego-Fied!

Written by (KFOL) in United States,

Hi Guys! I got this at my local Target Store, and I could not wait to open it!

Box/Instructions

The Box is very Eye-Catching. And the Book was fine, I found no mistakes.

The parts in this set are fantastic! From Hulk's Lime Green Cheast Plate to his Bone Elements, it makes a perfect Parts Pack! The Hulk comes with 4 new pieces, including his Head, Chest Plate, And 2 Friction Joints at his hips. The Parts are very good for MOCing purposes also.

The build

The Hulk's build might be the best Buildable Figure build there is! It is very Origanal and very Fun and Enjoyable! Like when you attach the back module to his main body frame, and when you make his shoulders, it's all fun!

The completed model

The Completed Hulk is awesome! He is so...so...Hulking! The Chest Plate really make him stand out, and the Blue Pants look perfect! TLG says that Hulk now has "Powered Up Armor", so that explains the Dark Pearl Grey Armor Shells.

Summary

I reccomend this to Marvel Fans, Hulk Fans, And Hero Factory Fans!

1 out of 1 person thought this review was helpful.

• The Hulk

Hulk in Hero Factory Style

Written by (AFOL , bronze-rated reviewer) in United States,

The Ultrabuild Hulk is for those who love the Hero Factory line with Superheroes. Little disappointed that the Hulk is the same size as the other ultrabuilds are as I would have though they would have made him bigger as they did with the standard minifigures in the Marvel sets.

Still, all of these ultrabuilds are alot of fun for kids as they stay together very well and make for good play value. The pieces are also going to be a plus since that Hulk green is fairly difficult to come by.

Our Video Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnfzwxKdpv8

Hulk... Smash!

Written by (TFOL) in United Kingdom,

Hello, people of Brickset, today I'm going to start reviewing again. Back in July 2010, I posted two reviews of LEGO Hero Factory sets 7147 XPlode and 7148 Meltdown. Looking back, I don't think that they were that great. However, today, nearly two years on, I plan to start a new reviewing saga, starting with LEGO Super Heroes set, 4530 The Hulk, from the Marvel Ultrabuild line-up.

When I received this set in the mail a couple of days ago, along with 4529 Iron Man, 4597 Captain America and a few Ninjago goodies, I have to admit, I was very excited. When I opened the box and tipped out the contents, I was nearly drooling at the number of good parts that lay before me.

Firstly, all of the bone elements, most of which are considerably useful. Secondly, the friction joints, which are extremely effective in helping big MOCs stand up, and Hulk himself, for that matter! Thirdly, the lime green Hero Factory Savage Planet "paw" pieces, which Hulk uses as fists, and MOCists shall use to their advantage, as the parts look amazing in lime! Lastly, the HUGE chest-plate piece, which measures around 10cm/4 inches width-ways! Although it might look ridiculous to some, it's actually smaller than I predicted; I expected it to be about 12cm wide! However, despite Hulk's large physique, I think it may be fitted better to larger models like one of Hero Factory's summer 2012 releases 6230 Stormer XL, who also bears it. Also, I have to admit, I kind of wanted to get my hands on Hulk's goofy-looking head, not for it's usefulness (or lack thereof!), but just for the novelty and the amusement it may give me at times!

But how was the building experience? Well, compared to the other five Ultrabuild sets, pretty darn impressive. Hulk definitely has the most original build of the six, using one torso piece to attach the body armour, and another to support the limbs, all held together by a range of bone elements, so putting him together was quite a joy, actually. However, the figure's back is noticeably hollow, which I'm sure will annoy some people. Also, despite having the most inventive build, Hulk still has a fairly simple design; it only took me around 5 minutes to put him together.

On playability, what can I say? The current building system being used for Constraction figures was built on flexibility, in part. The price by piece ratio on the other hand, isn't that great. You get just over 3 parts per £, which I think is a little outrageous; but since this is a Constraction figure, and a licensed one at that, I guess I can partially forgive the price.

In general, if you're a fan of Constraction figures, I would for the most part recommend Hulk. He has a number of useful pieces, the playability, as with all current Constraction figures, is outstanding, the harsh price can be somewhat forgiven, and the design, while simple, is very unique and innovative. Overall, I give the Incredible Hulk 4 bricks out of 5.