nice little set

Written by (Unspecified) in United States,

I like this little set. found it at target, but was not at the registers but in the christmas toys.

3.99 was a bit much but i like the little heli.

comes with extra pieces, small prop, clear blue and yellow stud, visor, technic piece, and tail shaft piece.

only Con is the price.

over 11 cents a piece.

Found at Target - Nov 2010

Written by (Unspecified) in United States,

I found this polybag set at Target today. They were hanging by each register with the other toys and impulse items. Every check out line had some on a hook. Looks like a fun little set, my son will be happy to find it in his Christmas stocking.

A Small Set for a Large Price

Written by (TFOL) in United States,

I bought this set using fake checks at the 5th Grade Store at my elementary school a couple years ago, and it was the only LEGO set available.  So I took it for $45.00 thru checks!  It was a lot.  Overall, the exclusive pilot minifig was the best part.

This review has been rated unhelpful.

• Fire Helicopter

Fire Helicopter adds alot to my new collection

Written by (AFOL) in United States,

I really like this little set. I found it in Target today, in the checkout area (impulse buying stuff) ... when I have the time I try to check out more than one check out line for it's LEGO offerings. Usually it's just Atlantis and Ninja stuff, occasionally a Toy Story Army Soldiers set can be found. Today this was in the last aisle I checked (which was 4 of the aisles,) and it was just sitting there on the peg at the very front on the bottom side rack. I snatched it up immediately!

4900 Fire Helicopter goes nicely with the free-bee I got in September at the LEGO store (30012 Microlight) as well as with a little thing I created/built earlier that I call a Light Terrain Speedster (red, white, blue scheme) that can hold one mini-figure.

This Fire Helicopter fits the scale of the things above, plus fits the scale of my main collection, which is Alien Conquest. I like this piece, it adds some City support to the other City piece that can aide my ADU guys locally.

I'm not fond of the windscreen, it should be hinge-able, but it's not. There are two hinge pieces on the back of the Fire Helicopter, but nothing to go on them. You have to take the top off the piece to get the Mini-Figure in or out. It's not THAT much of a problem, just the MAIN issue I have with this set that could be different.

Lots of extra left-over pieces for a set of this size. Gotta love that.

All in all, I recommend this piece, especially if you have other City sets. I also think it's nice side support for the ADU side of Alien Conquest.

A kinda sentimental buy.

Written by (AFOL , gold-rated reviewer) in United States,

My son received this as a gift and it reminded me very much of my first Lego mini-fig set Fire Copter 1 from 1982, tho with not as many pieces and and no cool hinged cockpit, this is definately not your father's fire chopper.

It does have a sleek design and some nice pieces and it's a neat add-on to any fire department's force.

Overall: Short n sweet describes the set as well as the build. A good set for a roadtrip or perhaps as an impulse gift.