• Knight's Castle

Black Knights Castle - superb...

Written by (AFOL , silver-rated reviewer) in United Kingdom,

I received this Christmas 1985. I'd asked for the much larger 6080 Castle Lion with Sir Richard as it was known as in the UK. At the time I was quietly disappointed...Over the years the figures and castle got wrecked and some parts survived while other bits like mini figure faces and torsos, the sword clip for the yellow saddle and handle for the winch broke. I even foolishly scraped a Falcon shield along the outside paving in my garden as a kid, sawed and failed in doing so, the lower half of a Falcon soldiers helmet, ruining it and breaking the nose guard, chewing up the loop on a quiver pack - I could go on...I even left the instruction booklet outside for ages and it somehow survived. Years passed and then one day when I returned from my 'Dark Ages' I decided to rebuild 6073 - figures and all.

Luckily, it was about 95% complete when building it but there were quite a few bricks and pieces that needed replacing. I bought bits off ebay, including mini figures, grey bricks which I also noted were slightly different in tone - this could be because they were new and finally and most amazingly, after finding the part numbers to certain missing pieces like Falcon torsos, I placed an order with Lego - they messed the order up THREE times - but they finally came through AND sent me all the correct parts I needed FREE having refunded me for the mess ups! I was especially surprised to see that SOMEHOW Lego did indeed still have original Black Falcon torso's somewhere in their parts bins in Billund! Thats some searching on the part of the young girl who took up my case. I even was sent for FREE more Castle stuff from the then current Castle theme of Knight's Kingdom...

Anyhow, the only part missing of my rebuild was a 1 x 3 red brick with small arch in the centre that was part of the red bricked surround to the drawbridge. The set, to me, is a reminder of childhood - and my late Mother who brought it for me - I still have it on display, in my kitchen of all places, alongside its successor, 6047, Black Falcon's Fortress (as its known in the UK) and I often look at it and am reminded of her.

Its a great set. Period. If you haven't got it, buy it - you may luck out and get one cheap on ebay sometime, prices fluctuate. I've often thought of selling it but sentimentality makes me refrain from doing so - thats what Lego is - memories of childhoods past...

• Knight's Castle

The first Black Falcon Castle !

Written by (AFOL , gold-rated reviewer) in Netherlands,

Overall 5 bricks: In fact the follow-up for the famous 375 Lego Castle and the first in a great serie of castle's to come. The grey coloursetting with the red front and a black drawbridge is lovely, two towers in the back and a small jail make it in total a great Castle. The colors make it more realistic than the 375 Castle.

Building 5 bricks: It is a lot of fun to do, like in 375 a lot of small parts and bricks but added here are panels which make it more stable and easier to build. No complaints here at all.

Parts 4 bricks: like said before at this castle some panels are added for more stability. The drawbridge works fine with a good reel winch. Nice coloursetting with grey and red bricks. I distracted one brick because of the number of Knights, some extra added to the 6 included (some enemy soldiers?) would have been welcome. The present Knights have sufficient weapons; spears, swords and bows with arrows.

Playabilty 4 bricks: you can open the Castle and make it bigger that way. Although it would have been 5 bricks here with enemy knights present.

Value 5 bricks: Bricklink estimates an average used value of €73,00 for this set. A bit high but on the other side, if it is in good shape, reasonable because it is already 27 years old now. I paid less so a good buy for me.

• Tiny, but fun!

Written by (AFOL , bronze-rated reviewer) in United States,

I just rebuilt this set when I found the instructions online. I remember having lots of fun with this set when I was a kid, but I don't remember it being so small. I guess your perspective changes as you grow up. I used to hook this set up to the blacksmith shop and the wall from the siege tower to make a nice, big castle. It was fun. The play value of this set was great, especially when you combine this set with those others. And the castle just looks cool! (even if it is a little small)

• Alte Falkenburg

Written by (Unspecified) in Austria,

definitely my favorite castle for all times. i played with it as a child, but i never possessed it myself, so i tried everything to rebuild it, and someday managed to (although i had to paint some tiles hehe).

The Castle itself is small but solid. Two big towers, extra shields as banners and a very nice gatehouse. The color theme generally is excellent. Grey tiles supported by the red gatehouse in combination with the green flags of the falcon knights (later on they are blue flags).

• The Best

Written by (Unspecified) in United States,

This castle was one of the first sets I got. When you open it up, you can connect it to the blacksmith shop, or any other set. I used to use it as an entrance to a kingdom, with shops and townsmen around. I never played black falcons vs. the knights, I just had fun making a huge kingdom.