• Excellent

Written by (Unspecified , bronze-rated reviewer) in United States,

Was just about to buy up a bunch of these for an extortionate price from eBay or Bricklink, when LEGO decided to re-introduce them - I bought 5 of them from Toys R' Us and will be buying several more - they are an absolute necessity for any type of large pirate base/island/shipwreck scene - I have already used all five as ocean surrounding a large pirate base and tower (and a custom Rock Island Refuge) where I have docked a Barracuda and Schooner.

Even with no land patterns drawn on them, they are still very useful - all you need is some mountain pieces and grey bricks to build anything you want on them.

• Excellent for Ocean Terrain

Written by (Unspecified , bronze-rated reviewer) in Hong Kong,

Finally the Lego company releases the "32 x 32 baseplate (blue)", which should be perfect to become the "Ocean Terrain" for scenes such as pirate ship battle, voyage by an explorer or modern city port operation.

Highly recommended for those lego players who love marine-related themes!

Blue Base Plate A-hoy!

Written by (AFOL , gold-rated reviewer) in United States,

As always, base plates are a must when building and constructing sets and designs. And the blue one is good for those sets that are water-based.

At $5, the price is decent, and if LEGO keeps these in stock, there should be no reason to ever pay an inflated price on them.

Though the more I think on it, the more it seems LEGO should consider releasing a blue plate that's an X-Large at 15"x15" to really capture an "at sea" scene.

The Blue Building Plate

Written by (Unspecified , silver-rated reviewer) in United States,

This set is extremely simple. It's a blue plate. You can use it for cargo ships, pirate battles, atlantis exploration, Fish adventures, the beach, anything that involves water or blue grass.

Pros
    Finally in Blue!

Cons
    Could have been X-Large but that's OK.

Value for Money: OK, $5.00 isn't too bad.
    Playability: Only if you have water based sets
    Parts: There's only one
    Building Experience: What's to build?

Sorry this is a small review, but this is a small set.

Overall, a 4 out of 5

Basic Use, However Essential

Written by (TFOL , gold-rated reviewer) in Ireland,

There isn't much to really review here, especially on notes such as the Building Experience, as this has none. As for the Value, well I got it from Bricklink for a reasonable 5 Euro, however the original Price is 7 or 8, so I'm basing my Rating off the original rather then what I got it for.

However now that I have established the reasons for lower ratings, let me tell you my experience and everything else included.
    Well to start with, I am very glad that LEGO Re-Released this, as it is a hard thing to try and find any baseplates that can act as a Sea or River, even a Canal.

Well, so far I have not used it for much, other then a port and Beach Waves. I received 4 in total, which made a great deal of use, as I can now have ship being able to dock.

I cannot seem to find anything else to say really, as there isn't that much. Slightly off-topic, I'd like to thank Huw for this great new Rating System that he has installed. I like it's format and that way you can rate things.
    -HQuiff