• Judge

Case #71000: Judge v. Owner

Written by (TFOL , gold-rated reviewer) in United States,

I got this set in my most recent shop.lego.com purchase, hoping that I would get the Roman senator/emperor. That unfortunately didn't happen, but I did get this Judge. He has seven pieces and fits the part very well for a 17th-18th century judge (or even a primitive American politician from the era). Nonetheless, this is an excellent minifig to look at, and would go very nicely in a Colonial America MOC as well as by itself.

Pros

• That gavel is a simple piece that I'm sure is going to work well into courthouse sets (City really should have one). It fits very well, and is a nice size.
    • The face is also very fitting for a judge of the era, and the spectacles only enhance that.
    • The wig is also just that much more fitting for the figure and its time. It's rubber and is very snugly put in, fitting very well.

Cons

• I wish there was a bit of back printing due to the presence of a belt in the front; maybe a few wrinkles would look nice there.
    • The robe which the judge wears seems to be a bit too loose for my liking; it doesn't work perfectly correct and show the judge's shirt accessory.
    • I also wish that the judge came with a decree or law or something; that's one of my favorite things that I loved about the Roman senator minifig, and it would have been excellent here.

This series of minifigs is turning out to be one of the best from the images, and I'm glad I got the judge; he fits the role that he should perfectly, and he would do great to populate your Lego village. If you get him, congrats. You have made an excellent purchase.

Verdict: Guilty... of success!

• Judge

The Court Fines You...

Written by (AFOL , gold-rated reviewer) in Canada,

Set #71000 Judge: This is a decent looking Mini-Figure with some great unique new parts, a shame his print is so limited. The torso on the Judge has an odd choice in colours, it's red with minor printed details showing a black trim with some white ruffles. He's wearing plain black pants and his facial print is a bit plain looking, I mean he does have a nice looking facial print with the small wire-rimmed glasses and the bushy gray eyebrows and the worry lines on his forehead, but it does have limited re-uses for MOCers.

This judge is also equipped with a red version of the Graduate's robe/cape piece, which is really useful as a neat alternate color piece. He's carrying a brown mallet, which is a new molded piece that has a lot of fun uses, and the wig is a great new headpiece with loads of potential, I foresee an Imperial Governor or Member of Parlimant Mini-Figure in the future of the CMF Series.

Overall I recommend this Mini-Figure, though I do caution you that some children might not appreciate him as much as older teen and adult MOC enthusiasts might. I also hope to see a Ben Franklin in the future or Tom Jefferson with a different style wig for Colonial American Senators.