• Fire Helicopter

Where it all began...

Written by (TFOL) in United States,

For my first review on Brickset, I saw it fit to review the set where it all began, my first-ever LEGO set, the Fire Helicopter.

This set was pretty simple, basically a cockpit, accessory storage, a rotor, and skids. The side water tanks were cool. A little flimsy, but otherwise pretty well done. The pilot was nothing extraordinary, just your average LEGO firefighter.

I don't recall much of my playing with this set, as I was 7 years younger than I am now, but I remember liking how the whole thing looked quite realistic, except for the space between the windscreen and the rest if the fuselage.

The price was extremely reasonable. $10 adjusted for inflation and LEGO's recent price hikes (boo, hiss) would result in a set like this costing about $17 USD. I was gifted 2 of this set (not both at the same time) and built both.

Overall, not a bad set. The cons are few and far between, and the price was definitely one of the set's strong points. I would recommend this set to anybody who collects old sets or who wants to build their firefighting force.

Thanks for reading!

1 out of 1 person thought this review was helpful.

• Great set for lego city!

Written by (KFOL) in United States,

I got this for my birthday and it was awesome!

so I will just do pros and cons review

pros: blue fire,cool minifig,not to hard to build,nice small set

cons:
    hmmmmmmm
    (I dont mind stickers)

• Firefighting from the Air

Written by (Unspecified , gold-rated reviewer) in United States,

I picked this set when it came out and it was a very good set after I was finished. I like the water cannons on each side and the blue fire piece which are hard to find. The stickers are an annoying part of this set because you have to put them on perfectly, but at least I got them right. This is a nice set and should be part of any Lego town.

• its fabulous

Written by (Unspecified) in ,

straight to the point

pros
    design ....AWeSOME!
    love the water shooting stuff
    the storage area for the fire extinguishers
    the rotor is one piece

cons
    none...except maybe u could an axe lol

i bought 2 of these and got one more from a friend. I modified the 2 into military helicopters and i just kept the one as itself.

• No fire, we'll hire

Written by (Unspecified) in United States,

I got this with the Rescue Essentions Collection and it seems very interesting.

Pros:

nice design
    small (fits in my slowly growing lego city)
    SLIDE! (lol)

Cons:

Blue Fire parts (water) falls off too easy

but take out that one small con and I should say. 5/5

1 out of 1 person thought this review was helpful.