• Garbage Truck Getaway

LEGO Disney Pixar Toy Story 3 7599 Garbage Truck Getaway Limited Edition - The Review

Written by (TFOL , bronze-rated reviewer) in United Kingdom,

Cool garbage truck, cool blue bin and cool Buzz (dirty), Jessie (dirty), Lotso (dirty) and the Limited Edition minifigure, Twitch. Really cool and detailed garbage truck, but with the lift thing to lift bins into the garbage truck, but this set needs some rubbish even if its just brown bricks as the rubbish the Trash Compactor Escape (7596) set.

Don't forget this is a Limited Edition set so it will be diffcuilt to find and I don't think it will last as long as the other LEGO Disney Pixar Toy Story and the LEGO Disney Pixar Toy Story 3 sets so look carefully!

Thank you for reading!

Jacob Wilson.

This review has been rated unhelpful.

The Toy Story set to get for non-Toy Story fans

Written by (AFOL , gold-rated reviewer) in Hong Kong,

I have not been able to play Lego for months, it is ironic that I can do it today because I am sick, and taking a leave. Fortunately this 7599 is quite good.

The minifigs are nice but what I really want is Buzz, this set includes a version with dirt pants, but what have really driven me to buy this set is the garbage truck, it is very realistic with a working mechanism that is truly ingenious, I think this is even above the average City theme quality.

I think this set is ideal for people who are not especially fond of Toy story, but somehow likes to get a set of it (it has Buzz!), of course, it is a must get if you are a Toy Story fan, it is a very unique set not just because it is a limited edition.

My pictorial review: http://brickand.me/2010/06/07/LegoToyStory7599GarbageTruckReview.aspx

YEAH!

Written by (Unspecified , gold-rated reviewer) in United States,

This set is very detailed and is very like the ones we have down here. So lets see the parts of it.

The build: Its very fun to build and I think most people of all ages would like to buy this set just to build it!

The minifigs: These minifig I see will be worth a lot in the next few years because of the outstanding trash markings. Buzz is a very "cool" minifig. I like the trash markngs they put on him and even changed his face. Jessie is the like Buzz, cool fig and the face is changed. Her face was changed by making her look scared. Lotso is very awesome! He has very good trash markings as well and his little tag on his "butt". His eyebrows are slanted more to make him look more angrey. Twitch, the best of them all, is SUPER detailed. Though we don't know who this bug is I am guessing he is a evil bug guy in the movie but I am not sure. His wings are also outstanding and so as his feelers.

The Blue Trash Bin: There is not much to say about this little thing but this is weird for the USA because blue means recycle here and this is a garbage truck. Anyway this bin is really nice.

The Garbage Truck: 1st I want to say here in Texas, this looks just like our garbage trucks from a company very few of you know of,Waste Management. But the arms work great in the front and is really fun for kids to play with. Also it can hold a lot of trash witch is also good. I fill it up with the extra parts from the set and some other pieces.

Overall Rateing: 5/5

• Garbage Truck Getaway

Great addition to any city junky like myself

Written by (AFOL) in United States,

This is one of the best sets I've found. Despite it being a Toy Story 3 set, it will fit right in to any city or town collection. The figures are awesome but I set mine aside as I bought it mainly for the garbage truck. It's very realistic like ones in real life. My only complaint is the license plate. Normally on city sets, the license plate is a sticker. That is not the case with this one as its pre-screened on to the flat piece, identifying it as a Toy Story set. I wish it were a sticker as I would have left it off completely. Other than that, it's a great set to have. I got mine pretty cheap at Toys R Us for about 30 bucks. Great deal I think

Great Set For All Ages

Written by (AFOL , bronze-rated reviewer) in United States,

This was a really fun build. Really think it's great for kids with the nice dumpster play. Also think that older kids and adults could enjoy this set because it could fit nicely into a LEGO City town your working on.

Pros:

• Mini figures with trash markings could make them valuable.
    • Fun build with great dumpster feature.
    • Four mini figures of great toy story characters. Only set Twitch is featured in.
    • Great detail. Garbage truck looks exactly like the ones in Florida.
    • Very durable.
    Cons:

• Maybe priced a little high.
    • Turning is a little difficult.

View our video review of LEGO 7599.