Shadowtrooper here. This set is AWESOME!
- Not 4, or even 5, but 6! 6 flick-fire missles!
- Rotating thingy in cockpit keeps pilot upright
- New (at least at the time of release) TIE pilot
- Stormtrooper as a ground crew
- Cool thruster piece at back
- Red piece with holes on front behind pilot can be used as a blaster rack
- Cockpit flips upside down when cockpit is open in the same way it stays upright when closed
- Missiles don't always work
- Somewhat repetitive build
- Pilot has no blaster.
Overall, this is an accurate depiction of the deadliest starfighter in the Imperial fleet, (Shields, hyperdrive, ion cannons, missiles, lasers, and more maneuverable than even a TIE Interceptor) and also a great set. That's all. Shadowtrooper out!
2 out of 3 people thought this review was helpful.
How can you not like this set! lol The only complaints some may have if you ask me is the build since 3 major parts of the build are just repeats of wings. So you may dock it a little but come on it is the way it looks. I love this set and have no complaints. Looks killer on the desk.
2 out of 8 people thought this review was helpful.
I thought this set was really cool, the wings are tedious to make but the end result is worth it. Overall it is a really good set, I only had 3 problems with it
1. I didn't like the spinning, i'm pretty sure the actual ship doesn't do that and for me it only gets in the way, however this can be fixed if you have the will and a spare brick or two
2. The inside of the cockpit is LAME, the pilot literally is just sitting on the edge, no controls nothing, plus there is a red brick with the pegs facing his back, but again can be fixed with some extra pieces
3. This goes for most all Legos nowadays but it is a little overpriced, I believe the set is $50 dollars or something like that when it should be $30-$40
2 out of 5 people thought this review was helpful.
This set is awsome overall I would get this.
new tie defender pilot helmet
you have to build the wings 3 times.
2 out of 4 people thought this review was helpful.
I just got the new Tie Defender from legoshop.co.uk and at first, was surprised at the price. That didn't last long. This is an exceptional set, which has been begging for release as a LEGO set ever since we saw it in Battlefront: Renegade Squadron.
Six flick fire missiles that actually work!
New TIE Pilot helmet design
Inclusion of a Stormtrooper minifigure
Perfect cockpit design
Comic in back of instruction booklet
No controls inside the cockpit
Overall, this ship is perfect both for its play features, and as a display piece, and is a must have for a LEGO Star Wars or Expanded Universe fan, and is an awesome addition to the TIE 'Family'
1 out of 1 person thought this review was helpful.