It's been a couple of weeks since we launched our latest competition and already there has been some absolutely fantastic entries on Flickr and Instagram, like this one of Aquazone 6175 Crystal Explorer Sub by Jerry Builds Bricks.
If you've not entered yet there's still plenty of time. Simply build a microscale version of any LEGO set that's been released in the last 60 years and you'll be in with a chance of winning a signed 21310 Old Fishing Store.
Find out how to enter and read the rules after the break.
- Models can be based upon any set released between 1958 and 2018.
- Models should be smaller than minifigure scale, like those in 40290 60 Years of the LEGO Brick.
- There are no specific size constrictions but your model should be about the same size as those in 40290.
- You are not required to build a base for your model but may choose to do so if you wish.
- Models should be built from real bricks: no virtual submissions will be accepted.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Likeness of the model to the set being depicted.
- Building techniques and parts usage.
- Adherence to the rules.
How to enter:
- Upload a maximum of two images of your entry to the Brickset Flickr group set up for this competition, or post your entry on Instagram using the hashtag#Brickset60YearsCompetition.
- Your models should be new and unseen prior to this competition. Significantly updated models are permitted.
- You may submit multiple entries.
- Please include the set number and name of the original set in your submission.
- Virtual creations in LDD, stud.io or other CAD program are NOT permitted. All submissions should be built with real bricks.
- The first prize will include a signed copy of a recent classic, 21310 Old Fishing Store.
- Other prizes have yet to be decided. Suffice it to say they will be worth winning!
- Please do not include any references to sex, drugs, alcohol etc. in your entry.
- Custom and non-LEGO components are not permitted.
- Although we will not be judging your photographic skills, please try to light your models evenly and photograph them against a clean background.
- Please upload your entries by 23:59 GMT on the 18th of March 2018.
- The winners will be announced shortly after.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.