At 3pm BST today, the first LEGO Ideas 2018 review results will be announced.
Ten projects have been considered and as usual we invite you to make your predictions as to which, if any, will pass in the comments.
Find out what the projects are, and read my prediction, after the break.
- Embraer A-29 Super TucanoEmbraer A-29 Super Tucano
- SR-71A The Final Flight
- Modular Arcade
- I am Amelia Earhart
- LEGO Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Acclamator Class Assault Ship
- The Flintstones
- The Vintage Motorcycle of BMW R60/2
For what it's worth here's my opinion:
- Embraer A-29 Super Tucano - Not distinctive enough
- SR-71A The Final Flight - Won't pass due to being modern military
- Modular Arcade - Modular buildings don't pass
- LEGO Mystery Science Theater 3000 - I've no idea what this is even
- Acclamator Class Assault Ship - Too big and conflicts with Star Wars license
- Treehouse - No mass appeal and I imagine it would be difficult to make it stable and robust enough
- The Vintage Motorcycle of BMW R60/2 - A superb, if fragile, model, and LEGO has a relationship with BMW, so it's possible
- Stitch - Wall-E made it so this could too. It'll be down to Disney. Easily my favourite of this batch
- I am Amelia Earhart - A fairly simple model but something that I think has a chance
- The Flintstones - An awesome model based on an awesome cartoon that matches LEGO's values and appeals to its core audience.
Check back at 3pm to find out the result!
Update: It's almost certainly going to be Stitch for reasons pointed out by @LucyLostInLego on Twitter:
- A live action Lilo and Stitch film was announced yesterday
- The original was released on October 4th, 2002, so today is its 16th anniversary.
A-29 Super Tucano