Huwbot is my automated alter-ego who dwells inside the Brickset server running background tasks, choosing the random set of the day and making sure that everything works as it should.
However, little is known about him and he's never actually emerged from the server so we can only imagine what he looks like, assuming he possesses any physical form!
That's where you come in. We want you to build a model of Huwbot that we can use to illustrate his articles.
He could be humanoid, a tentacled being with one eye, or nothing more than a box with flashing lights. It's up to you to depict him as you wish!
Your entry can be any shape or size but should be imbued with personality, just like Peter Reid's Keko robot here, and we will be judging primarily on that.
Find out how to enter after the break.
- Models can be any shape or size but bigger does not necessarily mean better.
- Entries shall be built from real bricks: no virtual submissions will be accepted.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Personality! We want be charmed, surprised, amused and impressed!
- Building techniques and parts usage: make every piece count!
- Suitability for use as a Huwbot 'mascot' at Brickset.com.
- Adherence to the rules.
How to enter:
- Upload a maximum of two images of your entry to the Brickset Flickr group set up for this competition, or post your entry on Instagram using the hashtag #BricksetHuwbotCompetition.
- Your models should be new and unseen prior to this competition. Significantly updated models are permitted.
- You may submit multiple entries.
- Virtual creations in LDD, stud.io or other CAD program are NOT permitted. All submissions should be built with real bricks.
A photograph of the winning entry will be used to illustrate Huwbot articles at Brickset. We may ask you to provide more photos of your model so we can build it ourselves.
And, of course, LEGO prizes will be awarded for first, second and third placed entries. The prize pool will be announced soon.
- Please do not include any references to sex, drugs, alcohol etc. in your entry.
- Custom and non-LEGO components are not permitted.
- Although we will not be judging your photographic skills, please try to light your models evenly and photograph them against a clean background.
- Please do not enter if you are not happy for your design to be used in the way described above.
- Please upload your entries by 23:59 BST on Wednesday 31st July 2019
- The winners will be announced shortly after.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
We will answer any questions you might have in the comments.