As has been heavily rumored, the LEGO Harry Potter theme is making a comeback this year and the largest of the retail sets, 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall, has been revealed ahead of New York Toy Fair.
The 878-piece set contains ten minifigures, including five first year students with short legs: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Draco Malfoy and Susan Bones - a Hufflepuff student who will be represented in minifig form for the first time, and indeed will be representing her house for the first time in a LEGO set.
It'll be available on August 1st for $99.99. Another of the four retail sets that will be released at the same time is mentioned in the press release, 75953 Whomping Willow. If rumors are to be believed, there'll be a direct-to-consumer set as well.
You'll find product information and more images after the break.
75954 Hogwarts Great Hall
878 pieces | $99.99 USD | $129.99 CAD | Available August 1, 2018
Welcome to magical adventures at the Great Hall at Hogwarts!
Build and recreate magical scenes from the Harry Potter movies with this detailed 4-level LEGO Hogwarts Great Hall play set, featuring a fireplace, benches, tables and reversible house banners, plus a tower with a spiral staircase, potions room, treasure room, sorting hat, Mirror of Erised and lots of assorted magical artefact accessory elements. Includes 10 minifigures and buildable Basilisk and Fawkes creatures, plus Hedwig and Scabbers figures.
Includes 10 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Draco Malfoy, Susan Bones, Professor McGonagall, Professor Quirrell with dual Lord Voldemort face, Hagrid, Albus Dumbledore and Nearly Headless Nick, plus buildable Basilisk and Fawkes creatures, and Hedwig and Scabbers figures.
Features the buildable Great Hall and a tower.
The Great Hall features tables, head table with seats, fireplace, 2 reversible house banners and 4 ‘floating’ candles, food (turkey leg, ice cream and a small cake) brooms, trophy cup and a teapot
The 4-level tower features movable Grand Staircase spiral steps at its base, potions room, treasure room with chest and a turret featuring the Mirror of Erised with changeable pictures and roosting spot for Fawkes.
- Also includes a boat with hanging lantern.
- Place the pupils in the boat and sail to Hogwarts Castle.
- Help Hermione and Susan create magical potions.
- Feast in the Great Hall, then use the sorting hat to select the pupils’ houses!
- Welcome the new students with Hagrid, Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall.
- Use the magic wands to pitch Harry against Draco in the Dueling Club!
- Swoop Fawkes into battle and help Harry battle the giant Basilisk serpent.
- Gaze into the Mirror of Erised with Ron and change the picture.
- Turn Quirinus Quirrell into Lord Voldemort by rotating his head!
- Recreate iconic scenes from the Harry Potter movies.
- Accessory elements include 7 wands, 3 tumblers, umbrella, lantern, broom, sorting hat, cauldrons, potions, candles, 2 wizard brooms, food, trophy, teapot, chest and a spider.
- Build even bigger adventures and combine with 75953 Whomping Willow.
- Hogwarts Great Hall measures over 14” (37cm) high, 6” (17cm) wide and 11” (30cm) deep.
Let us know what you think in the comments below!