Now that Mixels series 2 are widely available, it's time to launch our second Mixels building competition!
Once again, we have some fantastic prizes lined up, provided by the LEGO CEE team.
- First prize: 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
- Second prize: 70815: Super Secret Police Dropship
- Third prize: 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
To enter, simply build a Mixels 'Max' monster, from two or three (different) blue, orange or brown Mixels and post your entry to the Brickset competition pool on Flickr.
Entries will be judged primarily on the appearance of the monster -- how cool, scary, weird, whacky, inventive, imaginative it is -- but we will also be on the look-out for interesting building techniques and use of parts.
Due to criticism of the judging last time, entries made from sets from different tribes won't be accepted this time because, from an aesthetic point of view, they are at a disadvantage.
Post your entries, a maximum of two images per model, to the Flickr pool by Sunday 6 July 2014. Please make sure that the images are public and that sharing has been enabled so they can be used to illustrate future news articles without the need to for me to faff about. (See the comments below for more information about this).
Update: Given that aesthetics is the main criteria, the quality of your photographs will have a part to play. We don't expect everyone to have expensive cameras and fancy lighting setups but bear in mind that models that are well lit and photographed on a clean uncluttered background are more likely to catch the judges' eyes.
I haven't had a lot of time to try my hand at building Max models from series 2 but I had a quick try this morning and came up with this Flexers model. I'm not particularly happy with it, to be honest. I think you'll find it a lot harder to come up with pleasing models this time: the Flexers sets are full of hinges and joints and not much else and the Frosticons don't have much in the way of joints. I haven't tried with the brown tribe yet.
So, good luck, I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Terms and conditions
- Prizes are as noted above.
- To be considered, entries must be photographed and uploaded to the Flickr Group set up for this competition, be set to public, and have sharing enabled. Therefore entrants will need a Flickr (Yahoo) account to enter.
- Entrants may enter as many times as they like, but only two uploads per entry are permitted.
- Entries must state which sets have been used and the model must use only the parts in the sets chosen.
- The competition begins on Monday 9th June 2014 and will close at the end of Sunday 6th July 2014. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
- Winners will be announced by Friday 11 July 2014.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be announced on Brickset and contacted via Flickr by Friday 11 July 2014.