Mixels series four sets are available in most markets now so it's time to launch our traditional Mixels building competition!
To enter, simply build a Mixels monster, from two or three different Mixels from one of the series four tribes and post your entry to the Brickset competition pool on Flickr.
Entries will be judged primarily on the appearance of the monster -- how cool, scary, weird, whacky, inventive, imaginative it is -- but we will also be on the look-out for interesting building techniques and use of parts. Feel free to build a spaceship or house but it should be monstrous: just add an eye or two :-)
Entries made from sets from different tribes won't be accepted because, from an aesthetic point of view, they are at a disadvantage.
This time, we will accept just one entry per person. This is to improve the standard of entries and make judging easier. Post your entry, a maximum of two images of your model, to the Flickr pool by Sunday 29 March 2015. Please make sure that the images are public and that sharing has been enabled so they can be used to illustrate future news articles without the need to for me to faff about.
If you're a new flickr user you may have trouble adding pictures to the pool: I think you need to have a certain number of images in your pool before you can do so.
Given that aesthetics is the main criteria, the quality of your photographs will have a part to play. We don't expect everyone to have expensive cameras and fancy lighting setups but bear in mind that models that are well lit and photographed on a clean uncluttered background are more likely to catch the judges' eyes.
I hope you like my Orbiton Rocket Dog although I'm certain you can make something much better!
Oh, I guess you want to know about prizes... actually I don't have anything specific in mind at the moment but I'll try and get hold of some cool stuff. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes which will each comprise a cool LEGO set or two and a Brickset minifig.
Terms and conditions:
- Prizes to be advised.
- To be considered, entries must be photographed and uploaded to the Flickr Group set up for this competition, be set to public, and have sharing enabled. Therefore entrants will need a Flickr (Yahoo) account to enter.
- ONE ENTRY PER PERSON and only two images of your entry are permitted.
- Entries must state which sets have been used and the model must use only the parts in the sets chosen.
- The competition begins on Friday 13th February and will close at the end of Sunday 29th March 2015. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
- Winners will be announced the week after the competition ends.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.