LEGO presented its annual report for 2015 this morning in Billund.
The key figures are:
- Revenue growth excluding foreign exchange impacts was 19% year over year on a local currency basis.
- Revenue increased by 25% in DKK to DKK 35.8 billion against DKK 28.6 billion in 2014.
- The year's operating profit increased to DKK 12.2 billion against DKK 9.7 billion in 2014 – an increase of 26%.
- Net profit was DKK 9.2 billion compared to DKK 7.0 billion in 2014 – an increase of 31%.
- Injury rate per million work hours was 1.4 compared to 1.7 in 2014.
- More than 90% of waste from production sites recycled.
- The number of employees in the LEGO Group increased from 14,762 at the end of 2014 to 17,294 at the end of 2015.
As well as the financial figures a number of interesting facts have also been revealed:
The top 5 bestselling themes in 2015 were:
- Star Wars
The top five bestselling sets in 2015 were, in order:
- Elsa'a Sparkling Ice Castle
- Millennium Falcon
- City Police Station
- Mindstorms EV3
- Heartlake Grand Hotel
72 billion bricks were sold in 2015, in over 3600 designs and 60 colours, including:
- 675 million tyres
- 725 million minifigures