After weeks of rumours, speculation, hype and leaks, here at last is the press release for what might just be the most surprising LEGO collaboration ever:
75810 The Upside Down, 2,287 pieces
US $199.99 – CA $269.99 – DE €199.99 – UK £179.99 – FR €199.99 – DK 1799DKK – AUD $349.99
Available now in brand stores and at shop.LEGO.com via these links:
USA | Canada | UK | Germany | France
The ultimate LEGO Stranger Things model to build and collect!
Fans of the global hit Netflix original series will appreciate the authentic details of this highly collectible LEGO Stranger Things toy – 75810 The Upside Down.
This sturdy, brick-built model can flip between the real world and The Upside Down. The design of the model’s building instructions makes it a great shared building experience with friends and family. The Byers’ house features Will’s bedroom, the living room and the dining room. The Upside Down version of the house, from an alternate dimension, features all the rooms from the real-world model but with a dark, vine-covered, dilapidated look that fans will instantly recognize from the series.
With 8 Stranger Things figures, each with its own accessories, this playset makes a great gift for Stranger Things fans who will love to build and display this model to show their passion for the series.
This LEGO Stranger Things toy includes 8 instantly recognizable Stranger Things minifigures from the hit Netflix original series: Eleven, Mike Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair, Dustin Henderson, Will Byers, Joyce Byers, Chief Jim Hopper and the Demogorgon.
- The Byers’ house features a front porch with furniture, living room, dining room and Will’s bedroom.
- The living room features authentic details from the series, like the alphabet wall with a light-up function, couch, coffee table, telephone, axe, ‘have you seen me?’ flyer stickered element and a bear trap to catch the Demogorgon.
- Will’s bedroom plays a central role in the series, which this model faithfully replicates, including details like Will’s boombox, bed, desk, desk lamp, drawings and movie posters.
- The dining room includes an armchair, boxes that store Christmas lights, fantasy game rule book stickered element and a potted plant.
- The attic space includes a Mind Flayer drawing stickered element and a wizard hat for ‘Will the Wise’.
- The Upside Down set captures the look and feel from the Netflix original series, including creepy vines, dark coloring and a dilapidated look.
- Chief Jim Hopper’s police truck includes a removable roof for easy access to the interior and a pumpkin element as a reminder of Season 2.
- Accessory elements include Lucas’ slingshot and flashlight, Dustin’s walkie-talkie and compass, Mike’s flashlight and walkie-talkie, Hopper’s coffee mug, Joyce’s flashlight and drawing of ‘Will the Wise’, and Eleven’s waffle.
- This Stranger Things collectible includes over 2,200 pieces and comes in 11 bags, so the real world and The Upside Down can be built at the same time for a shared building experience.
- Measures over 12” (32cm) tall, 17” (44cm) wide and 8” (21cm) deep
You'll find a complete set of alternate images on the set details page.
Here's more information about the set and tonight's event:
[London, May 15th 2019] Something strange is happening in Hawkins, Indiana – but this time in LEGO brick form, as the LEGO Group unveils its brand new set, LEGO Stranger Things: The Upside Down.
The first set, made in partnership between the LEGO Group and Netflix is a new build experience allowing fans of Stranger Things and LEGO bricks to explore the Byers’ house and the supernatural world of the Upside Down in LEGO brick form, released May 15, 2019.
The brand-new set was unveiled at the LEGO Store Leicester Square, London with a special midnight opening experience. Visitors were greeted with the supernatural sight of the Mind Flayer illuminating the front of the store and a spooky LEGO brick recreation of Will Byers’ bike abandoned outside. Once inside the store, guests took their place in the Byers’ living room for a picture with the famous alphabet wall from season one, LEGO senior designer Justin Ramsden was on hand to sign sets and chat with fans. Guests were even able to take part in a make and take activity, creating a mini Castle Byers to take home
The set was launched simultaneously in the LEGO Store in the Flatiron District of New York City. The launch was celebrated with a late-night event, where guests took pictures in front of a LEGO brick-built alphabet wall and a replica of the Byers’ living room and helped a LEGO Master Builder in a live build of the set.
The set features eight Stranger Things characters recreated in LEGO minifigure form, including Chief Hopper, Joyce Byers, Eleven, Mike, Lucas and Dustin as they try to save Will from a minifigure version of the Demogorgon!
The set is full of authentic details from the award-winning Netflix original show, including the alphabet wall complete with a light-up function, a buildable version of Chief Hopper’s police cruiser and the phone in the Byers’ living room, Step into Will’s bedroom with a buildable bed and stickered elements of the posters decorating Will’s room. There are small Easter eggs to be discovered throughout the house including a ‘Will the Wise drawing’ and a picture of the iconic Mind Flayer hidden in the attic.
This Stranger Things collectible includes 2,287 pieces and a whole host of accessories for each of the characters including Hopper’s coffee cup, Eleven’s waffle and Mike’s flashlight to help you solve the mystery of his missing friend.
This is the ultimate collectible for Stranger Things and LEGO fans alike, allowing them to flip between the Byers’ house in Hawkins, Indiana and the mysterious Upside Down world. This is the perfect set to build ahead of Stranger Things Series three landing July 4, 2019.
LEGO Stranger Things: The Upside Down comes with two sets of building instructions allowing fans to play & display both sides of this unique upside-down set. The upside-down version of the model being a mirror image of its real-world counterpart with a dilapidated look, complete with dark vines and murky colours in keeping with the fan-favourite Netflix series.
Jamie Berard, Stranger Things Design Lead at the LEGO Group said “It’s amazing to see the collaboration between the LEGO Group and Netflix come to life. The Stranger Things universe offers us a wonderful opportunity to be playful with the bricks and allow fans to get lost in the mysterious world of the Upside Down. The design team has created an impressive model that is not only fun to build but also offers lots of details and ‘Easter eggs’ that should delight fans of the series.”
What do you think? Will you be buying it? We'll be publishing our review very soon to help you decide, so check back later!