The latest direct to consumer set will steam into brand stores and shop.LEGO.com next week. Here's all you need to know:
LEGO brick and Disney fans alike will be able to build their very own scale version of the famous steam-powered locomotives as seen at Disney theme parks around the world with the new LEGO Disney Train and Station.
This brand-new set captures a whole host of features in the iconic Disney theme parks style and will be available direct from LEGO stores from 21 August 2019.
The LEGO Disney Train has been inspired by the famous Disney theme park’s railroads around the world and comes with four buildable cars, the engine, the tender, passenger car and a parlor car.
Each of the cars has room for several minifigures to sit. The parlor car features rich interior detailing including armchairs, tables complete with flower vases and a small tea set. The train measures an impressive 77cm when all the carriages are connected making it the perfect size for the 16 piece track.
The set also comes with LEGO Powered Up elements, concealed within the tender car, and classic LEGO magnetic couplers to connect the carriages and move the train. The set also includes app-controlled functionality, meaning builders can use their smart phone or tablet to drive the train forward, reverse and emit realistic sound effects.
The set also features a Disney Parks-inspired train station to build with models of miniature locomotives, picture frames with details inspired by the actual stations.
Inside the toy train station building there’s an array of intricate brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier and a tower room with a little LEGO surprise! The train station measures over 39cm high and 35cm long giving the perfect backdrop for LEGO Disney Train.
The set includes five classic LEGO Minifigures: Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse, Chip 'n' Dale, and, for the first time ever, an exclusive Goofy Minifigure.
Full product details:
71044 Disney Train and Station, 2925 pieces
US $329.99 / CA $379.99 / DE €329.99 / UK £299.99 / FR €329.99 /DKK 2499DKK
Available from 21 August 2019 to VIPs, 1st September for everyone else.
Celebrate the magic with the LEGO | Disney Train and Station!
Gather the family for a rewarding build and play experience with the LEGO | Disney 71044 Train and Station.
Kids will love to join Disney characters Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale and Goofy for magical adventures with this awesome LEGO train set, featuring a motorized steam-style locomotive with tender, passenger car and a luxurious parlor car, plus an oval track and an iconic Disney Parks-style station building.
This set comes with an array of cool details, including app-controlled functionality. Use a smart phone or tablet to drive the locomotive forward, reverse and emit realistic sound effects. Joining up the train cars is simple with the magnetic LEGO couplings, and the panels on the parlor car open for access to its detailed interior complete with table, armchairs, teapot and cup.
And the fun doesn’t end there! Inside the toy train station building there’s an array of intricate brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier and a tower room with a little LEGO surprise!
- Includes 5 uniquely decorated LEGO | Disney minifigures with accessories: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale and Goofy minifigures.
- The LEGO | Disney Train and Station includes 16 curved pieces and 4 straight pieces of track, locomotive, tender, passenger car, parlor car and an iconic station building.
- Locomotive features a large red fender, red wheels with working coupling rods, a big smoke stack and a driver’s cab.
- Tender contains a LEGO Powered Up 88009 Hub and a LEGO Powered Up 88011 Train Motor.
- Train and sound effects can be controlled via a smart device. Connect via Bluetooth from the LEGO Powered Up app.
- Requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- Passenger car has seating for the LEGO | Disney minifigures.
- Remove the panel on the parlor car to access a rich interior with table, armchairs, teapot and cup.
- Station exterior features a detailed facade with balcony, clock and 2 flagged towers.
- Station interior features a ticket counter, café corner and an array of brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier and a tower room with a little LEGO | Disney surprise.
- Easily connect the cars with the included LEGO magnetic couplings.
- This LEGO building toy includes more than 2,900 pieces.
- The LEGO | Disney train toy (in total) measures over 4” (12cm) high, 30” (78cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.
- LEGO | Disney train station building measures over 15” (39cm) high, 14” (36cm) wide and 6” (16cm) deep.
- Oval rail track diameter measures over 37” (96cm) long and 27” (70cm) wide.
You can view more images on the set details page.
What's particularly interesting is that it's eight wide, not six as has been the case for all LEGO trains until now. You can find out more in our review.
Let us know what you think of it in the comments, particularly the price.